Tell me what you REALLY think!

Straight from my cranial space to the web.. thoughts I'd rather not share in polite company but feel impelled to express anyway. Feel free to join me.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Missing Church

Yesterday, I began the process of getting us (me and my five children, ages 8,6,4,2, 3wks) ready for church at 4:30PM.. Church starts at 7:30pm, and it was 8:15 when I was doing the very last thing.. putting baby's socks on his feet.. and looked at the clock. Church is over by 9pm, and we have a twenty minute drive... so by the time we loaded up (5min), drove to church (20min) and unloaded/walked in (5min).. it'd have been 8:45PM when we finally were in our seats.. just in time for the closing prayer.

I really hate being late to church, and REALLY hate missing church. It's one of those things.. if I'm on time.. everything is good, I feel good, we are all happy (the children are usually well-behaved etc).. but if we are late.. it seems like we might as well have stayed home, because Husband and I are tense, the childen are tense, and we end up spending more time in the foyer than in the sanctuary.

The very worst thing.. is missing church. I need my "fix" of worship, praise, Bible study and fellowship in the middle of the week. If I miss it.. the rest of the week and weekend til Sunday seems dreary and I seem to get weaker and weaker (ie.. crankier!) until I get another "fix"of church.

These people who can go months/years/lifetimes without being in a good church service, hearing the Word preached, and participating in warm fellowship and praise... I just don't see how it's possible. I NEED my church family. I NEED time in prayer and worship. I NEED a pastor and the preached Word.

God is with me.. but without that human touch.. that "divine" in action... I grow weak, heavy hearted and discouraged so quickly.

So.. this week, I missed our midweek service. Yes, I have a newborn and am still recovering from birthing. Yes, I have four other small children, and a husband who has to work long hours and drive a long commute. Excuses and reasons, logic and justification.. those things don't satisfy and uplift me the way spending an hour or two together with other Christians does.

I need Jesus! I need His people.. the ones who are called by His name!
and.. I'm still missing church. As though my loved one has gone away and left me behind... I'm missing that feel, that warmth, that blessedness of being together with "God's Wonderful People".

so....Til Sunday... I'll be missing church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home