Tell me what you REALLY think!

Straight from my cranial space to the web.. thoughts I'd rather not share in polite company but feel impelled to express anyway. Feel free to join me.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sometimes you just need to take a break

I'm coming back to the blog(s) after breaking for six months. Long enough (you would think) to have lost my rankings and most of my readers.. (you would think wrong.. for some reason my readers have gone up ditto rankings).

What can I say? I needed a break. My baby is bigger and more independent, we are over the winter blah's, and I'm feeling, once again, the call of the keyboard and the need to shape my words into something more lasting than thoughts.

I've read before that books change peoples lives, but blogs change peoples minutes. If that is true, then I may never write anything that will change someone's life, but it is my sincere desire to change your minutes.

Here's your thought for this minute...

Steadfast Simplicity.

It came to me about two hours ago in the van. I was pondering the complexities of my life and the surprise contrasts (how many Apostolic Pentecostal homeschool mothers of five children do you know who love the concept of permaculture and wants to be an urban permaculturalist?.. thought so). Out of the blue, I got those two words. Steadfast simplicity.

That's what I want for my life. Stability, steadfastness, strong foundational beliefs and lifestyle. Simplicity of logic, approach to life, everything really.

I see no need to practice the religion of consumerism. I feel no draw to participate in the culture of the cloned. I am not tempted to play weak logic games that justify selfishness and enables irresponsibility.

in fact, I like things to be simple. There is an elegance and beauty in simplicity. If you look at the most beautiful designer clothes, they are the ones with the simple lines, where the lack of adornment is all the adornment necessary. That's how I want to live. A life of such elegant and concise simplicity that it's beautiful.

I've got a long way to go. Many things clutter my world. Still, in the clearness of a few moments alone with my thoughts, I had a beautiful thought. I want steadfast simplicity in my life!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home